Biofuel, once a niche alternative to fossil fuels, has transformed into a massive global industry as risky and as harmful as any other. Human rights violations, displacement, conflicts due to the expropriation of lands, the destruction of biodiversity and subsistence resources, and the loss of health (eg, due to exposure of chemicals) are just some of the problems that frequent the industry.
Concern over the biofuel industry continues to grow, in hand with the ever-growing demand for alternative sources of fuel.
- Book Oil Palm. From Cosmetics to Biodiesel - Colonization Lives On
- Website: Bio Fuel Watch
- Website: Food Crisis and the Global Land Grab
- Video Paraguay Deforestation, Native Wildlife Habitat Destruction
- Video The dark side of a green fuel
- Documentary: Palmed Off: Voices from the Oil Palm Plantation