What’s on the horizon for Intercontinental Cry Magazine?

What’s on the horizon for Intercontinental Cry Magazine?

Support our journalism. Become a Patron!
John Ahni Schertow
July 2, 2013
 

Please Stand with Intercontinental Cry! We only have 18 days left to meet our goal! http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/people-land-truth

We need the support of our readers now more than ever! After nine years of continuous work, we’re on the verge of becoming a major news outlet for Indigenous Peoples.

For the past few months, we’ve been putting together a funding proposal that would allow us to start sending reporters to investigate human rights/indigenous rights abuses around the world. As well, we want to start paying writers for their hard work; and distributing our two annual magazines to independent book stores, coffee shops, and possibly universities across Canada and the United States.

Among other things, we’re also making more room for an outreach coordinator, a fundraising coordinator, a co-editor, a digital designer, a print designer and a team of new writers/bloggers to make sure absolutely every story gets the coverage it needs.

However, before we can truly move this forward, we need to take care of the here and now–and right now that means paying the bills!

It currently costs $200 a month for Intercontinental Cry to stay online. Thanks to our four sustainers, 25 per cent of that money is covered. For the other 75 percent, we rely on our readers, friends and allies.

You may recall, we ran a fundraiser last December to help us make up the difference. Those funds have all but run out. On top of that, we have a large bill from printing our magazines that we are unable to pay.

We have launched a crowdfunding campaign to help us out of this difficult spot. Slowly but surely, the water has been tricking down; but with only 18 days left things are looking shaky.

IC must be allowed to continue. After all, we don’t really have any other ad-free, agenda-free and uninfluenced websites that fairly and consistently cover the struggles of the Bedouin, Blackfeet, Hadzabe, Penan, Mirrar and hundreds of other Indigenous Nations around the world.

Please stand with us, and make sure that we can grow and continue our work, for all Indigenous Peoples!
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/people-land-truth

bookmarks Follow IC on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter

We're fighting for our lives

Indigenous Peoples are putting their bodies on the line and it's our responsibility to make sure you know why. That takes time, expertise and resources - and we're up against a constant tide of misinformation and distorted coverage. By supporting IC you're empowering the kind of journalism we need, at the moment we need it most.

independent uncompromising indigenous
Except where otherwise noted, articles on this website are licensed under a Creative Commons License
IC is a publication of the Center for World Indigenous Studies (cwis.org), a 501C(3) based in the United States